Monday 13 January 2014

Shaving Foam and Glue



As you might know, I'm a teaching assistant and so sometimes my posts will be a project I've done for school - like today's.



I should also say that, like many of my friends and colleagues, I'm currently addicted to Pinterest. For me, Pinterest is the IT alternative to printing ideas out and pasting them in a 'to do' folder. I try and pin a lot of things that I do genuinely have an intention of trying or of adapting for my own ideas.


Shaving foam and glue is one such thing. I've seen people mix the two to make snowmen pictures - we tried this at Christmas. However, I was looking for something to paint a large earth with some texture to it.



I've drawn an outline of the world on the backing paper using chalk (note: holding it down with anything handy - paracetamol - third child poorly at mo!) 



Then, I've mixed PVA glue with green acrylic before mixing in shaving foam. It's meant to be half PVA and half shaving foam - but seriously how are you supposed to work that out!? 





I've used a paintbrush to dollop it on rather thickly. Occasionally I leave a bit of shaving foam unmixed or add a bit more green, so that the finished map isn't just one colour.







All I need to do know is leave it to dry overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment