Wednesday 1 January 2014

Mud Scrub

What you will need: 1 cup sugar (white, brown, cane), 5 tbsp coffee grounds, 1/4 cup oil (veggie oil, almond oil, extra virgin olive oil, baby oil…), 

1 tsp peppermint extract, 

1 tsp vanilla extract


Having made body scrubs for gifts for friends at Christmas, thought I'd treat myself instead. 



I've used another Pinterest recipe and made a mud scrub - it's supposed to be good for varicose veins, thread veins, cellulite etc. 





I've just used olive oil because that's what I've got handy.



Took me all of 5 minutes to mix it together - now I'm off for a soak and scrub!



**Feedback - my skin feels great (I imagine other benefits may not be apparent until I've used it a few times). Anyway, I'm now converted to trying more of my own DIY home products.   


**UPDATE: because you use an oil, it is important to make sure you wash the bath out after use, otherwise it could be left feeling a little slippy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment