Wednesday 11 December 2013

Reindeer Bag




I've been thinking about something for the children in yr3 / 4 to make at school to take home this Christmas. They'll have a Christmas card and a calendar but I just wanted to something else kind of cute to make. 


Here's my idea. 


I had a lot of candy canes leftover from a Christmas fair we've already done and wanted to use them up. So, I've used the candy canes to become Rudolph antlers on a brown paper bag. First I folded the bag in half and made a crease. I made two small nicks on the crease and then opened the bag back up. The candy canes are pushed through the holes and taped to the inside of the bag. To finish, I've added ears, nose, mouth and eyes for Rudolph.



Well, you could stop there and fill the bag with whatever you like. However, I decided I could fill the bag with some other typical seasonal ideas that the kids could make at school and add some things at little cost to make it a bag of festive cheer. My contents were:



1) Reindeer food (found on tinternet)
2) Paper for snowflakes 

....both of which children can make as a class activity.

3) Button for a snowman
4) Chocolate coin for them
5) Wooden decoration....that we had left over from last Christmas.






To pull it altogether I made up a poem to hang on the outside - this was actually the hardest part, taking me ages to make the rhyme work. Here it is......


**Update - here are the ones we made in class, some look more like reindeer than others!





No comments:

Post a Comment